Retronix and Factronix at IIOM 2019
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE IIOM CONFERENCE 2019 – Click Here
About Factronix – Click Here
Die factronix GmbH wurde 2007 gegründet und ist ein inhabergeführtes Vertriebsunternehmen mit Firmensitz in Wörthsee, Ortsteil Etterschlag, Großraum München. Die factronix GmbH ist Zulieferer für die Elektronikfertigung. Wir bieten: hochwertige Investitionsgüter, Werkzeuge, Hilfsmittel, Verbrauchsmaterialien und Dienstleistungen zur Herstellung elektronischer Baugruppen. Durch Rückgewinnung von Komponenten lassen sich lange Lieferzeiten und Obsoleszenz-Probleme erfolgreich bekämpfen.
About Retronix – Click Here
Retronix is a Scotland based multinational electronics component preparation & support company that offer a unique set of technology solutions aimed at reducing manufacturing costs and improving production efficiency to High Reliability sectors operating within the context of the aviation, space and defence sector industries.
Automated Alloy Conversion / Re-Tin
Alloy conversion, Robotic Hot Solder Dip, Automated ReTinning – Convert from Lead to Lead Free, convert from Lead Free to Lead, Tin Whisker Mitigation .. and more.
Step 1 – The automated vacuum pickup arm transports the device from the carrier tray.
Step 2 – The device is fluxed, each side in sequence.
Step 3 – The device is pre-heated then temperature checked with a pyrometer.
Step 4 – Each side is dipped in the solder wave. (Nitrogen controlled environment)
Step 5 – The processed device is returned to the carrier tray.
Step 6 – The devices are cleaned, then re-baked & vacuum packed with Moisture Sensitivity LeveL (MSL) dessicant.
Applications for Alloy Conversion Include :
- Convert any component from Lead Free to Lead Solder
- Convert any component from Lead to Lead Free Solder
- Double dip tinning for more relaible solder joints in harsh environments; eg. where heat and vibration exist. Double dip tinning suppresses oxidisation short term and therefore produces a much stronger solder joint during assembly.
- Remove Gold Finish from component terminations to avoid gold embrittlement issues.
Full BOM Conversion :
Retronix provides automated component re-tinning and chemical stripping of the Pb free or SnPb alloy coating. Our internal processes are optimised by component type, and are used to avoid solderability issues and convert lead free to lead alloy to mitigate tin whisker issues.
For all components with leads, QFP, TSOP, MSOP, PTH, sockets and axials, we offer a retinning process fully compliant with ANSI/GEIA-STD-0006. We can perform Pb to Pb free, Pb free to SnPb and re-tinning of existing alloys.
Our fully automated equipment ensures our processes do not expose the components to excessive heat, time or abrasion, are completely IC device safe and meets the reliability program requirements of ANSI/GEIA-STD-0006.
Video showing Tin Whiskers
Automated Alloy Conversion/ Robotic Hot Solder Dip
Watch a video that shows our Automated System in Action :
Do you belong to the High Reliability (Defence, Medical, Aerospace etc.) industry , Retronix have a unique solution for you – Click Here To Know More
Are you an Electronic Component (IC) Distributor, who currently supplies or wishes to enter the lucrative High Reliability Market ? Retronix have a solution that will give you a competitive edge – Click Here To Know More
Laser Reballing Service
Retronix have installed a top of the line system which will set a benchmark for an advanced and reliable laser reballing service.
This system provides reproducible solder bumping technology for packaging optoelectronic devices, MEMS, sensors, BGA’s, CLCC’s, CSP’s, Flip Chips and many more. Solder ball reflow is performed by a laser system using an infrared wavelength. All components of the system are integrated into a single cabinet.
Retronix are the only company to offer Laser Reballing service, mitigating the need for an additional reflow thus protecting the device. With the introduction of the latest laser technology this gives Retronix the ability to laser high melt solder balls (HMP) down to 250 microns as well as plastic and copper cored solder balls. Retronix are the only company with approvals from such customer as Leonardo, BAE Systems, Martin Baker Air Craft Company and many more high reliability companies are realising the need to minimise the amount of reflows you give any single component therefore using a laser to perform the reballing is the only way to guarantee that there is no long term damage to the silicon.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Single-step solder ball placement and reflow
- No special tooling required
- No additional reflow required
- High solder alloy flexibility – Eutectic SnPb, High-lead SnPb, Lead-free SnAg, SnAgCu, etc.
- In-line capability & High throughput
- High accuracy axis system
- Automated fiducial alignment
- 3D Camera – Height auto measurement
- 2D bump-inspection systems
- Integrated laser power sensor
- Automatic handling/robot system
Reball of BGAs with High Melting Point (HMP) Spheres
- HMP reball process ensures minimum stand-off
- Improved mechanical integrity over a wide operating temperature range
- Can be used for high temperature applications
Reball of BGAs with Plastic Core Solder Balls (PCSB)
- Ensures minimum stand-off
- Lead free process
- Provides better path length and inductance control for RF/microwave circuits
First Time Ball Attachment of LGA/QFN/LCC Packages
- High Melting Point (HMP) or Plastic Core Solder Balls (PCSB)
- Increases the stand-off height
- Improved mechanical integrity over a wide temperature range
- Better management of package to substrate TCE differences
Laser Balling on Specialist Substrates
- Minimal heat transfer to substrate allows ball attach without reflow
- Can be used on glass and other substrates
- Specialist packaging
- Medical devices
- WLCSP and CSP products