Specialist PCB Rework & modifications
Retronix has a suite of services for PCB modifications that allow us to carry out very intricate and difficult PCB rework.
In the example below, we :
- Removed a BGA from a complete PCB
- Reballed the BGA by laser (no reflow) but left specific BGA pads without spheres
- Placed wire adds onto the PCB to re-route the signals
- Placed the BGA back down on top of the wire adds, and checked it with X-Ray
Specialised rework carried out by Retronix for Leonardo.
Similar rework and engineering change notice:
- Changing a BGA or other SMT component using either hot air or infra red rework systems.
- Changing a PTH device using an individual desoldering tool or miniwave
- Adding wire modifications to change the circuit
- Changing chip capacitors/resistors.