Retronix Solder Stacking as a lower cost alternative to Column Grid Arrays
Retronix offer a wide range of CGA options that offer stronger BGA connections and help with Co-efficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) issues.
- “Solder Columns are 10x times more reliable than single ball attach when attaching large size IC packages to PCB’s operating in Harsh Environments.”
- “Solder Columns are flexible and absorb CTE mismatch, thereby lengthening the life of the circuit.”
- High Melting Point (HMP) spheres reball process ensures minimum stand-off
- Column instantly assembled from HMP spheres
- Solder connection to IC, as it’s HMP, will never reflow again.
- Available in different widths and sizes
- Improved mechanical integrity over a wide operating temperature range
- Can be used for high temperature applications
Other Column options :
Attach lower cost Pb90/Sn10 plain columns :
Attach Micro-Coil Springs
Attach columns with Copper Wrapping –