Automated Alloy Conversion from Lead Free to Lead for the High Reliability Industries
For Defence, Aerospace, Medical etc.
Watch a short video that explains the process shown below :
The Traditional Method results in a lot of administration inefficiencies and higher costs :
1) The OEM/CEM places an order with its authorised IC supplier ; forced to purchase it in Lead Free format, as distributors stock lead-free IC’s
2) The IC Supplier then sends the entire parts list (lead free) to the OEM/CEM; who then have to record it in the system as received corresponding to the part number assigned.
3) The OEM/CEM will then send it to a certified safe Alloy Conversion company like Retronix to convert these parts from Lead Free to Lead. (Click Here to see how Retronix do this)
4) Once the conversion is done Retronix assign a new part number to each device (which are now lead solder parts) and send it back to the OEM/CEM; they have an entirely new parts list number to register in and this adds to administration inefficiencies, time and therefore takes the cost up
1) The OEM/CEM places an order with their authorised IC supplier.
2) The full conversion process is taken care of by Retronix, who work directly with the IC Supplier, to an agreed understanding with the OEM/CEM
3) The parts once converted are supplied to the OEM/CEM with the parts list corresponding to the Leaded Parts.
Therefore this process not only saves huge administration issues, but also saves time and therefore results in increased efficiency and lower costs.
For more information please contact us by clicking here – Contact page